Frequently Asked Questions
What is Kendal at Granville?
- Kendal at Granville is a Life Plan Community (LPC), formerly known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC). An LPC/CCRC means Kendal at Granville has Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing, all on our 94-acre campus.
- When joining the Kendal at Granville community, you first move to Independent Living. Independent Living allows you to live the life you do today with the peace of mind of knowing that all community services and future long-term care are available to you.
What comprises Independent Living?
- Kendal at Granville offers 134 Independent Living residences, including apartments, cottages and villas ranging from 600 square feet to 1,750 square feet.
- All Independent Living residences have full-size kitchens with all appliances, including a washer and dryer.
- Covered parking is provided for all Independent Living residences.
What are Kendal at Granville’s amenities?
The community includes a library, dining rooms, fitness center, health clinic, indoor pool, putting green, bocce ball court, recreational spaces (art studio, woodworking shop, etc.), hair salon, resident lounges, a large gathering room with stage and nature trails.
What will my fees cover?
- Entrance Fees Include use of the residence you select and use of the community’s amenities.
- Monthly Fees include: All utilities (except telephone), the meal plan, housekeeping (bi-weekly and two deep-cleanings a year), some local transportation, security and maintenance of all buildings and grounds (including your home), grounds-keeping (including mowing, snow shoveling and salting sidewalks), area trash and recycling pickup, property insurance and real estate taxes.
What types of coverage do Kendal at Granville’s Residence and Care Agreements offer?
- The Continuing Care Plan includes preferred access to long term care in either Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing care. This plan provides 100 days of inpatient care at 25% off the daily rate in Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing.
- The Life Care Plan ensures unlimited access to long term care in either Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing care. This plan provides predictable financial coverage for long term care. You pay an equalized pricing rate plus a meal charge when accessing these services. This plan also offers potential tax advantages with the prepaid health care portions of the entry and monthly fees.
How much does it cost to live at Kendal at Granville?
The cost of residency depends upon the size of the residence, whether 1 or 2 people will reside in the residence and which type of agreement you choose. With 17 available floor plans there are a wide range of fees. Below are the starting fees for each type of agreement as outlined above.
|Agreement:||Entrance Fee Starting At:||Monthly Fee Starting At:|
|Continuing Care Plan||$119,500* (for an 800 sq. ft. Cottage)||$2,690* (for an 800 sq. ft. Cottage)|
|Life Care Plan||$184,500* (for an 800 sq. ft. Cottage)||$3,440* (for an 800 sq. ft. Cottage)|
*2019 Residence and Care Agreement Pricing
Kendal at Granville is for me. Now what?
- If you are looking to move in the immediate future, you may place a Unit Reservation Deposit ($4,150 with $4,000 applied toward your Entrance Fee) to “hold” a specific residence while you complete the Admissions Process (see below). Once the admissions process is complete you will sign a Residence and Care Agreement and select an occupancy date.
- The Admissions Process includes a financial and health review. This process includes paperwork you and your physician complete, followed by meetings with Kendal at Granville’s Finance Director and Health Care Administrator.
- If you are interested in moving to Kendal at Granville in two or more years, you may join the waiting list, which we refer to as our Priority List. This requires a deposit of $2,150, with $2,000 being refundable at any time. When you are within a year of wanting to move, we will call you as residences become available. Please know that you may decline a residence as many times as you would like without losing your place on the Priority List.