Local Attractions near Kendal at Granville
Our area has a lot to offer–from historic Granville (founded in the 1800s by New Englanders who wanted to replicate their villages back home) to the excitement and spirit of living in a college town with our neighbor, Denison University.
Many residents have spent their lives in Licking County or are Denison alums returning to the community they loved when they were younger. For others, the area is a blank slate to explore. Whether born-and-bred or newcomer, all enjoy outdoor life, historical sites and great restaurants and shopping.
Here are a few favorites. Try them, or discover your own.
Things to See and Do in the Granville Area
- The Works: Ohio Center for History, Art & Technology—Interactive exhibits for curious people of all ages. https://attheworks.org
- The Midland Theater—Music and other special events in a renovated 1920s movie theatre. http://www.midlandtheatre.org/
- Weathervane Playhouse—Live performances throughout the year, including Ohio’s longer-running summer stock theatre. http://weathervaneplayhouse.org/
- Newark Earthworks—An architectural wonder of ancient America, the largest set of geometric earthen enclosures in the world. https://www.ohiohistory.org/visit/museum-and-site-locator/newark-earthworks
Places to Eat around Granville
- Day Y Noche—Local family-owned Mexican restaurant in downtown Granville. https://dayynoche.com/
- River Road Coffee house—Local coffee and treats, often accompanied by local music and art. https://www.riverroadcoffeehouse.com/
- Granville Inn—Tavern and fine dining at a local landmark. https://granvilleinn.com/dining/
- Whit’s Frozen Custard—Take the grandkids, or just yourself! https://www.whitscustard.com/weekly-flavors
Places to Shop around Granville
Hear resident stories to get a look at Kendal at Granville community life.
Kendal at Granville shares a special bond with nearby Denison University.