Local Attractions near Kendal at Granville
Our area has a lot to offer–from historic Granville (founded in the 1800s by New Englanders who wanted to replicate their villages back home) to the excitement and spirit of living in a college town with our neighbor, Denison University. Our proximity to the state capital of Columbus allows for many exciting opportunities as well.
Living in Granville, Ohio
Many residents have spent their lives in Licking County or are Denison alums returning to the community they loved when they were younger. For others, the area is a blank slate to explore. Whether born-and-bred or newcomer, all enjoy outdoor life, historical sites and great restaurants and shopping.
Local Attractions in Central Ohio
Here are a few favorites. Try them, or discover your own.
- Denison University – Founded in 1831, Denison University is an independent residential college of liberal arts and sciences. Kendal residents enjoy the intergenerational connections and learning opportunities created by our proximity to Denison. 100 West College St, Granville, Ohio 43023. https://denison.edu/
- Granville Inn – Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Granville Inn is a full-service restaurant and pub with 27 traditional guest rooms and three suites, along with banquet, meeting, and catering services. 314 East Broadway, Granville, Ohio 43023. https://granvilleinn.com/
- Robbins Hunter Museum – A historic house museum furnished with 18th and 19th century decorative arts. 221 East Broadway, Granville, Ohio 43023. http://www.robbinshunter.org/
- Bryn Du Mansion – 52-acre estate on the east side of Granville that is a popular location for business meetings, wedding, banquets, tradeshows, and sporting events. 537 Jones Rd, Granville, OH 43023. https://www.bryndu.com/
- Granville Historical Society – Founded in 1885, the Granville Historical Society acquires, preserves, and shares Granville’s past with residents and visitors to inspire curiosity about, instill knowledge of, and foster a commitment to our history. The Museum is open seasonally May-September. 115 East Broadway, Granville, Ohio 43023. https://www.granvillehistory.org/
- The Works—Ohio Center for History, Art & Technology—Interactive exhibits for curious people of all ages. 55 S. 1st Street, Newark, Ohio 43055. https://attheworks.org
- The Midland Theater—Music and other special events in a renovated 1920s movie theatre. 36 North Park Place, Newark, OH 43055. http://www.midlandtheatre.org/
- Weathervane Playhouse—Live performances throughout the year, including Ohio’s longer-running summer stock theatre. 100 Price Road, Newark, Ohio 43055. http://weathervaneplayhouse.org/
- Newark Earthworks—An architectural wonder of ancient America, the largest set of geometric earthen enclosures in the world. 455 Hebron Rd, Heath, OH 43056. https://www.ohiohistory.org/visit/museum-and-site-locator/newark-earthworks
- Ohio Theatre – Performing arts center and former movie palace home to the Columbus Symphony Orchestra. 39 E State St, Columbus, OH 43215. https://www.capa.com/venues/detail/ohio-theatre
- Columbus Museum of Art – Founded in 1878, a popular designation for Kendal residents with a love or curiosity for art. 480 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215. https://www.columbusmuseum.org/
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium – In 2009, USA Travel Guide named it as the number one zoo in the United States. 4850 W Powell Rd, Powell, OH 43065. https://www.columbuszoo.org/
- COSI (Center of Science and Industry) – Nationally esteemed science center inspiring interest in science and technology with hands-on fun and learning. 333 West Broad St. Columbus, OH 43215. https://cosi.org/
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens – Horticultural and educational institution showcasing exotic plant collections, special exhibitions, and Dale Chihuly artworks. 1777 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43203. https://www.fpconservatory.org/
Places to Eat in Granville
Day Y Noche—Local family-owned Mexican restaurant in downtown Granville. https://dayynoche.com/
River Road Coffee house—Local coffee and treats, often accompanied by local music and art. https://www.riverroadcoffeehouse.com/
Granville Inn—Tavern and fine dining at a local landmark.
Whit’s Frozen Custard—Take the grandkids, or just yourself!
And Much More—Visit the Village of Granville website to see more excellent restaurants around town.
Places to Shop in Granville
Farmers market—Central Ohio’s finest market takes place during the season every Saturday.
Hear resident stories to get a look at Kendal at Granville community life.
Kendal at Granville shares a special bond with nearby Denison University.