Just eight years after opening its doors, Kendal at Granville has completed a $13 million expansion adding 24 new residences and doubling the size of the continuing care retirement community’s health center. A ribbon-cutting ceremony and dedication of the Phase II expansion spaces was held on Friday, June 28, in conjunction with the community’s celebration of its eighth anniversary.
“It is affirming that in such a short timeKendal at Granville has been able to establish the kind of reputation that warrants such an expansion,” says Douglas Helman, Kendal at Granville’s Executive Director. “We look forward to being able to offer the Kendal experience to many more people.”
The Phase II expansion, which incorporates many “green” energy- and resource-saving initiatives includes:
- The addition of 24 independent living apartments with underground parking garage and a dedicated elevator;
- A new health center with 32 skilled nursing suites, interior and exterior dining areas, dedicated kitchen facilities, expanded physical, occupational and speech therapy spaces and private exterior courtyard;
- The addition of seven new assisted living suites;
- The new Amelia Gathering Room, an auditorium-style space seating up to 200 with a performing arts stage equipped with full audio-visual capabilities, designed for performances, lectures and meetings;
- An expanded fitness gym, including new, state-of-the-art fitness equipment; and
- A renovated Wellness Center;
- Fully remodeled dining service area
Major contributions by Kendal at Granville residents made possible the addition of the Amelia Gathering Room and renovation of the Florence Wellness Center. The Commuity’s expanded campus includes 134 independent living residences, plus 19 assisted living residences and 32 skilled nursing suites in its health center. Kendal at Granville is accredited by the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission (CARF-CCAC), an international body that accredits continuing care retirement communities maintaining standards of excellence.